Indian Ocean Times - only positive news on indian ocean

Mauritius: 220 million annual passengers in 1943 the buses in circulation

According to the latest figures published by the Mauritian Ministry of Transport, some 60,000 passengers traveling in buses in Mauritius are recorded daily on 313 routes all over Mauritius. A passenger would spend an average of 20 rupees (0.5 euro) per trip.
220 million travelers were surveyed annually and in 1943 buses in circulation. 25% of passengers pay their tickets, while the remaining 75% (students and seniors) travel free of charge.
The revenue would amount on average 4.1 billion rupees (€ 103.6 million).


New comment:

More from Indian Ocean Times :
< >

Thursday, March 29th 2018 - 19:20 A visit to the paradise island, ile des deux cocos

Friday, September 15th 2017 - 22:46 Mauritius at the UNWTO General Assembly